SPONSOR THE HOP HOP HALF & 5K!
Sponsorship opportunities range from day-of race booth spaces to Title Sponsorship, but opportunities for product donations and custom partnerships are available upon request!
Hop Hop Half & 5K: Event Overview
The Hop Hop Half & 5K
Fanconi Anemia Research Fund
Date of Event
March 26th, 2016
Half marathon is chip timed and USATF certified
Courses & Distances
There is a half marathon (13.1 miles) and a 5K (3.12 miles)
Both courses start on NE 33rd Ave. and take participants out and back on the scenic Marine Drive pedestrian path.
- 2015 had 1500 registered participants.
- 2016 is estimated to have 1,700 participants.
Demographics & Statistics
- Average event ratio of females to male: 69% to 31%
- 60% of participants are between age 25 to 44, the average age is 35
- 100% will be new to the Hop Hop Half 2013 and an average of 72% are new to our events each year.
- 10 states are estimated to be represented the first year with up to 30 projected in coming years.
- Median household income of a marathon runner $80,000
- 79% of runners have a bachelor’s degree
- 98.3% of runners use the internet to find endurance sports-related information
- 13.3% spend between $2,000 and $4,999 annually on endurance sports-related travel
- 26.6% will travel more than 100 miles to participate in a half or full marathon
- $2,106 is the average annual amount spent on endurance related products per athlete
2015 Email/Social media/Web Estimates
Average email open rate for pre and post event communication: 87%
Average email exposure via general newsletter database: 22,000 runners and walkers.
Average open rate for general newsletter: 30%
Estimated local Economic Impact
50 hotel rooms for every 1,000 participants is expected to be booked. Each out-0f-area participant is estimated to spend close to $1,000 during their stay.
Sources for some statistical information: 2010 Competitor Magazine Readership Study, July 2010 (Attlesey Consulting; MRI Doublebase 2009).